Frequently asked questions
- Is Acquarena open during the holidays?
Yes it is, Acquarena is open every day, even on holidays. However, on the 24th and the 31st of December we close at 6 pm.
- Is the indoor swimming pool open during summertime?
Yes, the indoor swimming pool is open all year round.
- Can I reach Acquarena by public transport?
Yes you can. All national and international trains stop in Brixen and the train station is only a 15 minutes walk away. You can also reach us by Citybus Line 2, the closest stop is in the Altenmarktgasse (Trattengasse on Saturdays). Click here for the Citybus timetables.
- Can I reach Acquarena by bicyle?
Yes you can, Acquarena is right next to a bike path that connects Brixen with Bruneck, Sterzing and Bozen. The city center can also be explored by bicycle or on foot.
- If I travel by car, do I have to pay for the parking space?
Just outside Acquarena there is the large parking lot "Priel". If you are our customer you can get a reduced fee by paying at Acquarena's front desk.
- Can I park my Camper in the parking lot?
Please contact the City Police Brixen for more information. Tel. 0472 836 131
- Can Acquarena be accessed and used by physically disabled people?
The entrance area, changing rooms and pools are all easily accessible.
We also have a pool lift, changing rooms, bathrooms as well as showers, which are equipped with special wheelchairs and shower beds to cater to everyone’s necessities. The sauna can be accessed via lift.
- Do people with disabilities and their attendants qualify for a discount?
Yes they do, depending on their disability rate:
46–75 % = 10 % discount (Pools + Sauna); Normal price for attendants
76–90 % = 25 % discount (Pools + Sauna); Normal price for attendants.
> 91 % = free entrance for both the disabled person an the attendant (Pools); 10 € for the disabled person and 10 € for the attendant (Sauna).
- Is there a discount for large groups?
Groups of twenty or more people receive a 10% discount on Pool ticket prices and every 20th ticket is free. There are no group discounts for the Sauna.
- Is there an evening discount?
During winter time there is a 20% discount on the 3-hour pool ticket after 7:30 pm and a 20% discount on the 3-hour sauna ticket after 8:30 pm.
During summertime the sauna ticket is reduced after 7:30pm.
- Can I access Acquarena with my baby?
For the youngest we have separate pools with slides and water games. Please consider, that babies are only allowed into the pools wearing swimming dipers.
- Does Acquarena offer a child care service?
Unfortunately Acquarena does not have a child care or entertainment programm.
- Can I access the indoor pools with a stroller?
For sanitary reasons strollers are not alowed into the indoor pools area. Small strollers and baby-seats can be rented for 1,00 € + 10,00 € deposit.
- Can I take my child to the sauna?
Parents can take their children to the sauna. Please note, that the sauna is a quiet area. Our staff is allowed to ask parents and their children to leave the area if they are disturbing other guests.
- How old do my children have to be to be allowed to access Acquarena by themselves?
Children can access Acquarena by themselves starting at the age of 6, although it is the parents duty to make sure that they are supervised by an adult.
- Can I bring my pet?
Pets are not allowed into the building.
- Is there a restaurant where I can have lunch or dinner? Am I allowed to bring my own food?
Acquarena disposes of a small bar in both in- and outdoor areas. The bars offer drinks, snacks and a large choise of dishes from the close by restaurant "Grissino".
In our indoor picnic area you can enjoy food brought from home.
Glass bottles are not allowed in any area; our staff is entitled to prohibit the use of dangerous objects.
In the sauna there is a small bar offering drinks and snacks. Eating and drinking is only allowed in that area.
- Are there any smoking areas?
Smoking is only allowed in some designated outdoor areas.
- Can I use my phone or tablet?
Yes, in the pool area phones and tablets are allowed. Please note, that it is stricktly prohibited to take pictures or to film other guets.
In the sauna smartphones and tablets can only be used in some designated areas. All devices have to be kept on silent mode. Talking on the phone is not permitted.
- Do I have to wear a swimming cap?
No, swimming caps are not mandatory.
- Do I have to bring my own towel and bathrobe?
Towels and bathrobes can be rented. The towel rental costs 4,00 € + 10,00 € deposit and the bathrobe rental costs 5,50 € + 10,00 deposit.
Flip-flops can be bought for 5,00 €.
Swimsuits, swimming caps, dipers and more can be bought in the small kiosk in the hall.
- Am I allowed to swim with fins?
No. Fins and other diving utensils are not permitted.
Swimming aids can only be used in the fun pool.
Small toys are only allowed in the children's pool.
- Do I have to be naked in the entire area of the sauna?
Only the sauna rooms have to be entered naked. In all relaxing rooms and in the sauna bar it ismandatory to cover yourself up with a towel or a bathrobe.
- Do I need change for the lockers?
During wintertime you will get a chip-wristband to close a locker. If you have articles of value you can rent a safe deposit box.
During summertime you can get a chip-wristband with a 10 € deposit.
- Is there a lost and found office?
Please ask our front desk: tel. 0472 268 433 or write us an e-mail to: email@example.com. Articles of value are handed over to the local police station.
- Does Acquarena have any wellness offers like massages?
You can book your massages calling 0472 920 094 or writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What does the fitness center offer?
For more information about the fitness center „Bodywell“ please call 0472 920 094 oder write an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Does Acquarena have a solarium?
Yes, there is a solarium in the swimming pool area. Other than that in the indoor pool area there is an infrared room.
- How can I book a bowling alley?
Please call 0472 262 510 or write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I buy a gift card?
Gift cards can be bought at the front desk or on our website.
- Can I book my tickets in advance?
You can book your tickets directly on our website.
- How can I register myself for a swimming course?
For more information call the local swimming clubs:
Schwimmclub Brixen, Tel. 0472 200 330 or email@example.com
SSV Brixen, Tel. 0472 200 807 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is all pools heated?
Sports pool indoor 25–27 °C
Fun pool indoor: 27–31 °C
Salt water pool: 27–33 °C
Whirlpool indoor: 26–32°C
Children's pool indoor: 26–31 °C
Sports pool outdoor: 22–27 °C
Fun pool outdoor: 22–27 °C
Children's pool outdoor: 22–27°C
- Are there any "Aufguss" in the sauna?
During the winter months the "Aufguss'" are made hourly. Twice a day there are "special aufguss".
- Can I book a lane?
Yes, lanes can be booked in the indoor (25 meters length) and outdoor (50 meters length, only in summer) sports pools. Please contact us to check rates and availability:
Tel. 0472 268 433, email@example.com
- What happens if I loose my key-wristband?
A deposit of 15 € has to be paid. If the key-wristband is found, you will get your money back.
- Are there any hotels closeby?
In Bressanone and its surroundings there are many hotels and guesthouses. Acquarena has some partner hotels, which offer special conditions for your visit to the pool and sauna area